May 11, 2013

May Typewriter Tag

Well it's time for May's tag for the Vintage Typewriter.  In the last 10 days Spring has finally sprung here in Wisconsin - Yeah!!  So this tag has lots of blue sky and spring greens and flowers.

It's a pretty simple tag.  I started with a simple inked background - Distress Inks Stormy Sky, Salty Ocean,Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss and Peeled Paint.  I love the look of a white picket fence so I used Tim Holtz' On the Fence die and cut one out of chipboard and painted it white.


The flowers are a couple of Imaginations Rubber Stamps that I have had for a very long time.  I colored them with Distress Markers and then fussy cut so I could add them individually with some dimension.  I "borrowed" the green grass from Sarah - she has many strips for a project she is working on and I'm hoping she won't miss just one (of course I will make her a replacement if she does need it).

I was going to use flowers for M-A-Y letter backgrounds, but when I cut out a test flower it looked like a little cloud so I went with that idea.  The letters are some JoAnn Essentials - Frosted Blue Acrylic. The little bird button is a K&Co Flora and Fauna Typewriter Key (how appropriate for the typewriter - lol).  The ticket is from Tim Holtz' Going Somewhere collection.

...and if you are wondering about the typewriter, I made it using the Vintage Typewriter tutorial by Kathy Files - Paper Phenomenon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great fun! The cloud letters are a great idea and the fussy cut flowers are so colorful and add so much depth. Perfect for May.