December 17, 2014

Reflections of Christmas - Day Ten

Holly and Hearts was the theme for this tag.  I got to try something totally new today - I ordered some of the Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste from the Funkie Junkie Boutique and experimented with it on this tag.  It's easy to use and clean up, and boy does it shine - although you'll have to take my word for it - try as I might, I could not capture the sheen in the photos.

My inspiration, as usual was Linda Coughlin's  tag in her "12 Tags of Christmas", since I am playing along with the Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas challenge. Now we're up to number ten in the series.

Inspirations from Linda's tag: Holly stencils, "trellis" (although I had to use a punch to create the effect), heart, embossing paste. 


Frame
  • Trim:  Bo Bunny Woodland Winter
  • Back Panel:  Tim Holtz “Hollybough” Stencil
  • Decorative Cutout:  Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers  Holly Leaves
  • Reflection:  Printed in MS Word, Segoe Print Font
  • Pediment:  Tim Holtz Pediment die
  • Metal Sentiment:  Tim Holtz Christmas Word Band









Here's a closeup of the Artist Trading Card.  It hangs from a hook under the pediment,

ATC:
  • Background:  Paper Studio Holly Leaves Embossing folder (not embossed, painted resist technique)
  • Trellis:  Trimmed from Martha Stewart “Diamond Fence Trim” punch
  • Holly Leaves & Berries:  Farm House “Norland” Packaging
  • Heart:  Heart Shape cut from Manilla Tag, Wendy Vecchi Metallic Gold Embossing Paste applied through Crafter’s Workshop Mini “Cosmic Swirl” stencil
  • Sentiment Sticker:  “Happy Holidays” Simple Stories “Handmade Holiday”



Part Two is coming along...









Please visit Linda's blog to see the inspiration for my project, and of course go shopping at the Boutique!

1 comment:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Another wonderful ATC and frame! I'm so delighted that you enjoyed using the Wendy Vecchi gold embossing paste. It is a beautiful addition to the background here. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I think it's brilliant the way you used the Tim Holtz word bands on the pediment. The accordion is looking fantastic!

Hugs,
Linda