December 9, 2014

Reflections of Christmas - Day Two

Here I am with my second "Reflections of Christmas" Artist Trading Card (ATC).  My inspiration was Linda Coughlin's second tag in her "12 Tags of Christmas", since I am playing along with the Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas challenge.

I'm making frames for each of the ATCs and then joining them together to make an accordion book.

Inspirations from Linda's tag:  I used a similar background in the frame.  The ATC also has a checkered background.  There are a couple of Christmas trees; the one on the ATC has a red bow as Linda's did.  The "wish" sentiment from Linda's tag is echoed in the Reflection and the Christmas word band.



Frame
  • Trim: Bo Bunny Woodland Winter
  • Back Panel: Crafters Workshop “Cubist”
  • Decorative Cutout: Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Tree
  • Reflection: Printed in MS Word, Segoe Print Font
  • Pediment: Tim Holtz Pediment die
  • Metal Sentiment: Tim Holtz Christmas Word Band









Here's a closeup of the Artist Trading Card.  It hangs from a hook under the pediment,

ATC:
  • Background: Sizzix Checkerboard; Hero Arts International Christmas Script
  • Tree Stamp: Rubber Soul
  • Sentiment: Hand Written
  • Tim Holtz Mirrored Star colored with alcohol inks
  • Tiny Ribbon Bow


I've also started linking the frames together to make the accordion book.

I used a strip of Tyvek which I painted brown with Distress paint.  I added a decorative strip of the Bo Bunny paper to the center of the strip to relieve the brown (it has to be about 3/8" wide to allow for the decorations on the top of each frame).


Please visit Linda's blog to see the inspiration for my project, and of course go shopping at the Boutique!

2 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Another fantastic ATC, April! I love the wonderful golden colors - gorgeous background and terrific trees. So nice to see your accordion book stating to take shape. So pleased you are sharing with us over at The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I agree with Linda. What a cool couple of christmas trees. (Have to admit that the one at bottom left reminds me of one I had at home about 10 years ago. kinda spindly and uneventhe other one is the one I got the year after all my complaints :)). the colors are fantastic and the little rubies and ribbon are perfect.