February 2, 2013

February Tag for Vintage Typewriter

OK,  I'll admit that I'm not a pink and red person.  I guess no one says February has to be pink and red so why did I feel compelled to do so? Who knows. 

Anyway, here's the February tag for my vintage typewriter.  I started with the wrinkle free distress technique with various shades of red and some of the new metallic stain Brushed Pewter.  I used the On the Edge die "Distressed Doily" for the pocket. (Funny story, the first time my niece saw this die she thought the name was "Distressed Dolly"...we had a laugh, and now generally refer to it with the dolly sobriquet.)  "February" was cut using the Wingo Zingo Sizzlit die and some metallic tape from the home improvement store.  I found a little valentine from Tim Holtz' Seasonal Salvage Stickers and added a trinket pin.  I stamped some words from one of Tim Holtz' stamp sets.  An actual doily accents the front roller of the typewrite.

It's a little busy and very pink but it's also... done!!

No comments: